Werewolf (also known as Mafia) is a Minigame added to IdleRPG in its v4.7 update. The objective of the game is to lynch the werewolves of your town, if you have one of the friendly roles, and to kill all villagers, if you have one of the evil roles. You may chat with the rest of the village publicly to discuss, who might be the werewolf.
To play, use the command
$ww for short. The game requires a minimum of 5 players.
Classic: Play the classic werewolf game. (This is the default)
Imbalanced: Some roles that are only available in larger games have chances to join even in smaller games. (The size of the game being referred here is about the number of players, i.e. 5-player game is small)
Huntergame: Only Hunters and Werewolves are available.
Villagergame: No special roles, only Villagers and Werewolves are available.
Valentines: There are multiple lovers or couples randomly chosen at the start of the game. A chain of lovers might exist upon the Amor's arrows. If the remaining players are in a single chain of lovers, they all win.
IdleRPG: (based on Imbalanced mode) New roles are available: Paragon, Raider, Ritualist, Lawyer, Troublemaker, War Veteran, Wolf Shaman, Wolf Necromancer, Superspreader.
The minimum players needed to play
Optional and defaults depending on the game mode.
Normal: All major action timers are limited to 60 seconds and number of days to play is unlimited.
Extended: All major action timers are limited to 90 seconds and number of days to play is unlimited.
Fast: All major action timers are limited to 45 seconds and number of days to play is dependent on the number of players plus 3 days. This means not killing anyone every night or every election will likely end the game with no winners.
Blitz: This is a faster game speed suitable for experienced players. All action timers are limited to 30 seconds and number of days to play is dependent on the number of players plus 3 days. This means not killing anyone every night or every election will likely end the game with no winners.
Below is a list of all possible roles players can have during the game, along with their objective, taken from the in-game text. They are always chosen at random, although at least one werewolf must exist.
When a new game starts a random player will be chosen as the Sheriff of the village. The vote of the Sheriff counts as double.
Roles are grouped into
- the Werewolves
- the Villagers
- the Ambiguous
- the Loners
The Werewolves - Goal: Must eliminate all other villagers
- Werewolf: Your objective is to kill all villagers together with the other Werewolves. Every night, you will get to choose one villager to kill - choose carefully!
- White Wolf: You are the White Wolf. Your objective is to kill everyone else. Additionally to the nightly killing spree with the Werewolves, you may kill one of them later on in the night.
- Cursed Wolf Father: You are the Cursed Wolf Father that has the ability to spread your curse. Your objective is to kill all villagers together with the other Werewolves. Every night, you will get to choose one villager to kill together with them. You may, once, use your special bite that will curse a villager instead of killing and devouring them. The cursed villager will then partake each night in the Werewolves' feast.
- Big Bad Wolf: Your objective is to kill all villagers together with the other Werewolves. Every night, you will get to choose one villager to kill together with them. After that, you will wake up once more to kill an additional villager, but as long as no Werewolf or Wild Child has been killed.
- Wolf Shaman - (IdleRPG mode only): Your objective is to kill all villagers together with the other Werewolves. Every night, you will get to choose one villager to kill together with them. Additionally, you have the ability to summon an ancient werewolf spirit that will guard and protect a fellow werewolf to block one death.
- Wolf Necromancer - (IdleRPG mode only): Your objective is to kill all villagers together with the other Werewolves. Every night, you will get to choose one villager to kill together with them. Since you have learned from your shape-shifting ancestors the magic of summoning the dead, you have the ability to resurrect a dead werewolf at night once per game. However, only those who were recently lynched and last night's dead players are available for you to resurrect.
The Villagers - Goal: Must find and eliminate the werewolves
- Villager: You are an innocent soul. Your goal is to eradicate all Werewolves that are haunting the town at nights and survive yourself. At the daily elections, your voice makes the difference.
- Pure Soul: Everyone knows you are not a Werewolf. Your goal is to keep the town safe from Wolves and kill them all - at the daily elections, many will hear your voice, they know you will be honest.
- Seer: You are a villager with the special ability to view someone's identity every night - but don't tell the villagers too fast, else you will be targeted yourself.
- Witch: You are a powerful villager with two special brews: One will kill, one will heal. Use them wisely to influence the game in your favor.
- Hunter: You are the Hunter. Do your best to protect the Community and your precise shot will trigger when you die, killing a target of your choice.
- Healer: You are the Healer. Every night, you can protect one Villager from death to the Werewolves, but not the same person twice in a row. Make sure the Villagers stay alive…
- Amor: You are the personification of the Greek god and get to choose two lovers at the beginning of the game - they will love each other so much that they will die once their beloved one bites the dust.
- Knight: You are the Rusty Sword Knight. You will do your best to protect the Villagers. If you died from the Werewolves, a random Werewolf who caused your death becomes diseased from your rusty sword and will die the following night.
- Sister: The two sisters know each other very well - together, you might be able to help the community find the Werewolves and eliminate them.
- Brother: The three brothers know each other very well - together, you might be able to help the community find the Werewolves and eliminate them.
- The Old: You are the oldest member of the community and the Werewolves have been hurting you for a long time. All the years have granted you a lot of resistance - you can survive one attack from the Werewolves. The Village's Vote, Witch, and Hunter will kill you on the first time, and upon dying, all the other Villagers will lose their special powers and become normal villagers.
- Fox: You are a clever little guy who can sense the presence of Werewolves. Every night, you get to choose a group of 3 neighboring players of which you point the center player and will be told if at least one of them is a Werewolf. If you do not find a Werewolf, you lose your ability for good.
- Judge: You are the Judge. You love the law and can arrange a second daily vote after the first one by mentioning the secret sign we will agree on later during the vote. Use it wisely…
- Paragon - (IdleRPG mode only): You are the Paragon who has the ability to nullify all other nominations during the daily election. When you nominate one or more players, only those players will be voted for during the voting phase removing all other nominations.
- Ritualist - (IdleRPG mode only): You are the Ritualist who can resurrect a Villager once per game. However, only those who were recently lynched and last night's dead players are available for you to resurrect.
- Troublemaker - (IdleRPG mode only): You are the Troublemaker of the Village. You can exchange the roles of two other players on the first night.
- Lawyer - (IdleRPG mode only): You are the Lawyer who can help the village stop their wrong decisions by objecting the nomination process and end the day without proceeding to any voting phase. Just raise the powerful "Objection!" protest to use your ability once per game. (The exclamation point is optional.)
- War Veteran - (IdleRPG mode only): You're a War Veteran. Your past warfare has carried you through the duration of your life. Upon being lynched by the village's vote, you will randomly kill one of them as a form of your betrayal.
The Ambiguous - Goal: Make their side win
- Thief: You are the Thief and can choose your identity soon. Can choose between 3 random roles.
- Wild Child: You are the Wild Child and will choose an idol. Once it dies, you turn into a Werewolf, but until then, you are a normal Villager…
- Maid: You are the Maid who raised the children. It would hurt you to see any of them die - after the daily election, you may take their identity role once.
- Wolfhound: You are something between a Werewolf and a Villager. Choose your side wisely…
The Loners - Goal: Must complete their own objective
- White Wolf - Be the sole survivor: You are the White Wolf. Your objective is to kill everyone else. Additionally to the nightly killing spree with the Werewolves, you may kill one of them later on in the night.
- Flutist - Must enchant every living inhabitants: You are the Flutist. Your goal is to enchant the players with your music to take revenge for being expelled many years ago. Every night, you get to enchant two of them. Gotta catch them all...
- Superspreader - Infect all the players with your virus (IdleRPG mode only): Your goal is to infect all the players with your virus. Every night, you get to sneeze and cough on one of them. Each day that passes increases the players you can infect by one more. Make it Pandemic! (Note: If an infected player died and is resurrected, they are free from the virus.)