Not to be confused with the similarly named loot
Items are objects in IdleRPG, which have the primary function to give a player additional attack or defense stats. Items are a staple of IdleRPG and were one of the first concepts added into the game.
Items have different varying properties given upon item creation, some of which can be altered:
- Name; procedurally generated, can be altered using the donor command
- Equipped; can be altered using the commands
$unequiprespectively. View the equip logic section for more details.
- ID; procedurally generated in sequence, can not be altered
- Type; randomly chosen from the possible item types, can be altered using the donor command
$weapontype, with some restrictions.
- Hand; depends on the item type, changes when the item type is altered. This is integral to the equip logic.
- Damage/Defense stat; depends on the item's origin, can be raised using the merge command as well as the upgradeweapon command.
- Value; depends on the item's origin, determines the merchant price; can not be altered.
Items can have different types, they affect the hand slot the item is assigned to, as well as whether the item deals damage or has defense. There are currently 11 item types in IdleRPG.
Despite the fact that some item names imply compatibility with certain classes or races (i.e. Mage and Wand), players of all classes and races can wield all types of items. There are no bonuses when using certain items with certain classes or races.
|Sword||Damage||any||Along with Shields, this was one of the original item types.|
|Shield||Defense||left||Along with Swords, this was one of the original item types. Shields are the only item type to have defense, as well as the only item type that use the left hand.|
|Dagger||Damage||any||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020.|
|Axe||Damage||any||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020.|
|Knife||Damage||any||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020.|
|Hammer||Damage||any||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020.|
|Wand||Damage||right||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020.|
|Spear||Damage||right||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020.|
|Bow||Damage||both||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020.|
|Howlet||Damage||both||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020. The Howlet is described as "a Long black stick used as a two handed blunt weapon."|
|Scythe||Damage||both||This item type was added on February 4th, 2020.|
There are a multitude of ways to gain new items
- Items can be gained by completing adventures
- Items can be gained with a 1/3 chance by leveling up; these items are special memorial items, which always have a value of $1,000
- Items can be gained by opening crates
As previously mentioned, items have an assigned hand slot. Depending on which hand an item occupies, there are limitations. Characters in IdleRPG only have one left, and one right hand.
- Players may equip an "any"-handed item with a right, a left, or another "any"-handed item
- Players may equip a right-handed item with a left-handed one
- Players may equip one "both"-handed item
- Players may not equip two left- or two right-handed items at the same time
- Players may not equip a "both"-handed item with another item at the same time
The bot favors equipping a players' item rather than returning an error. As a result, violating one of these restrictions results in the other item(s) being unequipped automatically. The item will not be deleted and still reside in a player's inventory.